The Key To Making the Best
Cole Slaw For Your Next Barbecue
Simple Recipe - Cabbage, Carrots, Mayonnaise and Seasoning
Leave a lasting impression by serving cole slaw at your next social function.
Coleslaw is a versatile side dish that can be found throughout the country at
barbecues, church gatherings, fish fries, picnics and birthday parties. Besides tasting good and being a soul food favorite, this dish is very easy to make.
For visual appeal you can use different varieties of cabbage to add color to your slaw.
Cole Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cutting board
- 1 stainless steel knife
- As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Prepare cabbage for cooking by cleaning and shredding your cabbage and carrots. You could also find a package of precut cabbage and carrots in your local grocery store.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly to ensure your slaw is well coated. Add more mayonnaise and seasonings to taste.
- Transfer your finished slaw to a serving bowl and refrigerate for about an hour. The slaw should be served cold.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Cole Slaw to Side Dishes