Candied Yams Recipe
6 sweet potatoes
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup margarine
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Boil potatoes in skins until about half done.
2. Drain water from potatoes, remove skins, & cut in lengthwise slices.
3. Place slices in a greased baking dish & dot with margarine.
4. Make syrup by boiling together brown sugar, water, & vanilla. Pour over potato slices.
5. Bake 45-50 minutes, basting frequently with syrup. Bake until potatoes are transparent.