Candied Yams Recipe
Recipe Works Well With Yams or Sweet Potatoes
This is a very nice boiled candied yams recipe that taste as great as baked candied yams. You can't go wrong with this simple and easy
You'll surely cook up a delicious serving of moist and well-glazed candied yams or sweet potatoes with this yams recipe.
Candied Yams or Sweet Potato Recipe
The following cookware and kitchen utensils are needed to complete this recipe. , .
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fine granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 small yams or sweet potatoes
Cookware and Utensils:
- 2 measuring cups
- medium boiling pot
- measuring teaspoons
- Peel outer skin from yams or sweet potaoes and slice into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick circles. Rinse in cold water, allow to drain then set aside
for later use.
- In a medium pot, bring water and sugar to a rolling boil, add butter, lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and sliced yams or sweet potatoes.
Return to boil, cover pot and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook yams or sweet potatoes for 35 to 45 minutes until tender. Gentle stir throughout cooking.
Serve this candied yams recipe during
Christmas dinner or
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
You do not have to join or sign-in to leave a comment!
Return from Candied Yams Recipe to Potato Recipes