Easy Homemade Biscuit Recipe -
Making Homemade Biscuits Doesn't Get Any Easier
Are you looking for a homemade biscuit recipe to go along with your fried chicken? Or maybe you're looking for a recipe for breakfast biscuits? Whatever you case, I have just the recipe for you.
Better yet I have a recipe that you can use to make fluffy biscuits from
Homemade cooking doesn't get any easier than this biscuits
I think we can both agree that nothing smells better than freshly baked bread and biscuits.
I can still remember years past when Grandma would work her magic in the kitchen and the smell of homemade biscuits would wake me up from a long peaceful sleep.
Although it was early in the morning I didn't mind get up and heading to the breakfast table because I could always count on getting a delicious meal.
Here is one of my favorite recipes for you to enjoyment.
Homemade Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour, unbleached
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated or shredded cheese, cheddar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup butter milk
Cookware and Utensils:
- 1 biscuit cutter
- 1 non stick baking sheet
- 1 cutting or pastry board
- 1 glass or ceramic mixing bowl
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 butter knife
As always the key to great cooking is to be prepared and to use quality ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Start by mixing and then shifting the dry ingredients. Mix in cedar cheese. Rub the shortening into the mixture using your fingertips.
Next gradually add milk while stirring mixture with a knife. A soft dough will form.
- Turn dough onto a floured cutting or pastry board. Work dough to one-half inch thickness and cut using biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on
baking sheet, not allowing the dough to touch.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Enjoy your Homemade Biscuits.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Return from Homemade Biscuit Recipe to Bread Rolls and Biscuit Recipes