This baked potato recipe is one of many healthy potato recipes available for immediate download.
This basic potato recipe is very simple and you can easily get great results. Follow these five simple rules and enjoy your baked potato.
1. Selecting the best potato for baking is key to getting good results when cooking in the oven. By far the best baking potato is the Russet or Idaho potato.
2. Hand pick your potatoes from you local grocery store or farmers market. Avoid potatoes with green patches or potatoes that are shriveled, sprouting or wrinkled.
3. Don't wrap your potatoes in aluminum foil while baking. If you do your baked potatoes will taste more boiled than baked.
4. To keep your potatoes from bursting and to reduce cooking time, pierce the skin of each potato with a fork or paring knife.
5. While baking, turn the potatoes over at the halfway point to prevent over browning on one side and assist in uniform cooking.
Cookware and Utensils:
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/
Each fully cooked potato without any toppings has the following nutritional values: 120 calories, 25 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, 4 milligrams sodium, 0 grams fat and 0 mg cholesterol. If you're watching the calories, try some healthy soul food low fat alternatives.
I'm sure you'll enjoy this baked potato recipe for many years to come.
More Potato Recipes
Delicious Backyard BBQ